In today's episode we're talking about setting sales targets. I walk you through the process and give you a few guiding principles.
In a nutshell, your sales target should be focused, specific and measurable. Here's how you do it:
- Set a total sales target
- Set your average order value
- Do the math to see how many orders that works out to be (#1 divided by #2)
- Then break the total number of orders needed in #3 down into bite size pieces — how many per month or per week
Let's take everyday flowers on Mother's Day as an example:
- Let's say your sales target is $10,000
- Aim for $90 per order
- You'll need 111 orders (#1 divided by #2)
- You don't need to deliver 111 orders in one day – divide this out over 3 days and make it manageable for yourself: 37 orders per day is your Sales Target.
Want more good stuff? Grab my Big Ass Folder of Free Shiz #ForFlorists.
Take your business to the next level and sign up for my 1:1 Coaching program.